Saturday, May 9, 2009

kaZAM!


One of my favorites, probably because I can empathize with Calvin a lot here. Random outbursts often happen to me, and whenever my parental units threaten me with "something to do," I get frustrated and end up by myself with my thoughts. Intimidating and scary... the thoughts that I try to avoid. When I have a lot of thoughts, it's easier for me to avoid all of them all together, but I end up getting bitter, impatient, exhausted, and unmotivated, not to mention, distant from God. Maybe this blog thing can help get my thoughts physically sorted.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

-
Reinhold Niebuhr-

No comments:

Post a Comment