I'm sorry for all those times I've judged you. God keeps bringing me back to Matthew 7:3. It's frustrating, but only because the verse speaks so much truth in my life.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"
I know there's a plank in my eye, but many times, I choose to ignore it. And because of that, judging you becomes easier and loving you becomes all the more difficult. Focusing on your iniquities, as opposed to my own, does not make me feel better about myself, just more bitter towards you. I have experienced what this thing Jesus calls a "plank" in my eye can do to my relationship with you and with God. I want to be able to love you despite the iniquities and not just because I have iniquities of my own but because you are a creation of God and He is perfect.
I'm still God's work in progress, so please be patient with me also.
Yours Truly,
Amanda Low
No comments:
Post a Comment