Saturday, December 26, 2009

ADHD

Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder...

Children with ADHD generally have problems paying attention or concentrating. They can't seem to follow directions and are easily bored or frustrated with tasks. They also tend to move constantly and are impulsive, not stopping to think before they act. These behaviors are generally common in children. But they occur more often than usual and are more severe in a child with ADHD.

The behaviors that are common with ADHD interfere with a child's ability to function at school and at home.

Adults with ADHD may have difficulty with time management, organizational skills, goal setting, and employment. They may also have problems with relationships, self-esteem, and addictions.

WebMD


I need more than patience. I never felt so disappointed with him. Maybe it's because I haven't been home in a while. I know it's difficult for him to control himself, but I can't keep making excuses for him. I'm scared for him. I think we're all scared for him. He's not a baby anymore, but he doesn't get it. I am undermining the Holy Spirit. I should be praying more for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment