So... I missed my flight! I always hear of others having such dramatic airplane stories. Mine isn't all that dramatic, just my madre. She's so silly. In short,
Thought my flight was Wednesday night. It was actually Tuesday night. Madre panicked A LOT. I thought it was kinda funny. Shim happened to be packing to go home with AP. They let me hitch a ride with them to NJ, where I took the train back into the city. See mom? Everything worked out fine!
Arrived at Penn Station. Walked around as I waited for my parents to meet me. I was only in the station for a few minutes before my parents called. At that point, the brokenness of NYC became so real. At 11:30pm, the station depicted well the demographics of NY. People ranging greatly in ethnicity, age, and economic status. In one corner, there were a bunch of girls carrying shopping bags of high-end companies. 10 feet away from them, against the wall, were three individuals with everything they owned, setting up their bed. This was only a glimpse of what I saw throughout the rest of the station. God, restore your city.
"Yet even now," declares the LORD, "return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster." - Joel 2:12-13
is NYC God's city? I disagree violently...well, I guess in one sense it is, but in any other sense, not at all.
ReplyDeletebtw that is my VERSE
ReplyDelete