Thursday, April 22, 2010

I think I don't like it when people ask about my day. I don't know why. No, I think I do. I think it's because half the time I don't think people who ask genuinely care. Half the time, I also don't have anything to say and when I say "uhh.. I don't know" or "uhh.. okay" or "uhh.. nothing," people seem disappointed. Maybe because I just killed the conversation. oh well. Lately, whenever I see George, he's been commanding me, "Say something interesting or new that happened!" And I get upset at myself when I'm not able to give an answer right away. Everyday is a new day with new beginnings, new conversations, and new experiences. I should be able to come up with a genuine response to George. If I can't, I must be complacent and that's not good.

3 comments:

  1. Word.

    Americans are difficult like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that difficulty in high school. Now I just say "ok" and make the commecicommeca gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW WAS YOUR DAY??!??!?! ANSWER MEEE!!!

    Hehe. Just tell people all the gory details of your day. Maybe they'll actually like that! And maybe you'd like it, too.

    A friend and I used to ask each other that question all the time and tell each other EVERYTHING that happened, and soon enough our days became really interesting. =)

    ReplyDelete