Monday, April 11, 2011

Sacrificing what is not mine.

I didn't think I was that nice of a person. Then a friend told me he was envious of me for having the ability to be nice. He may have been joking a little, but initially, I had no idea what he was talking about because I know I can be harsh with people. I get so flustered when people bring up my "good qualities" because I know that they can only come from God and I want to share that with them, but don't know how. I have made certain sacrifices for people who are in need, so I assume that was what my friend was talking about. Though, I cannot take any of the credit. When I see a friend, anyone, who is hurting, it is easy for me to make sacrifices, only by the Spirit of God. Jesus taught me to love, taught me to be humble. The bible taught me that everything I am and have belong to God. I can make sacrifices in my life for others because I know that those aren't mine to being with. My Creator created me, my life, to worship Him. The time and money that I haveare not mine, but God's and I am merely the caretaker of those things. I wait for God to show me what to do with what is His. No, He's already instructed me - "take care of my sheep."

I can make sacrifices because what I give away was meant to be given away. When it does become difficult for me to give, I have lost sight on what is good and I have forgotten to whom I belong.

2 comments: