Praise God for jobs! Company1 will not be paying much (compared to what others make and what others expect me to make as an engineer), but the benefits are really good. The job is also more relevant to what I've been doing at school and a little closer to what I'm interested in. Company2 has not gotten back to me yet. Their pay would be a lot more than what Company1 offers, but their benefits will probably not be as good. Either way, I will be making money from my first full-time job.
The job will not be as exciting as working in India, but I will have the opportunity and the privilege to bless friends in ministry with more support and that's really exciting to me. My decisions may also lead to conversations about money with my parents - a conversation I haven't had with them in a long time (God, please grant me strength and understanding). Even more so, I need to remind myself how God provides for my future and that I cannot be satisfied with worldly possessions that might come with making more money.
"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26
With Company1, I'm also hoping to gain more experience in a field that I am interested in and hopefully be able to move within the company to projects that really interest me. What scares me is that I know I will be "satisfied" with any job so long as I have opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. But I don't want to be just "satisfied." I want to be a part of something I know for sure it is what God wants me to do.
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." - Matthew 6:33
=) yay!
ReplyDeletecongrats! AWESOME that you're excited about supporting your friends in ministry! and although your job won't be in india, don't forget that it's still a mission field regardless! also, nothing wrong with being "satisfied" in what you're doing if you're doing it in joy and praise and giving God the glory... God's will isn't so much what your job is but where your heart is =)
ReplyDelete