My quick response to your question is to not have any jeweled engagement ring, but to just have a wedding band to say "I'm taken."
I guess I should have included my own opinions to supplement the link, but I often get overwhelmed by my own thoughts and then I don't want to write anything.
I often see older, married women having just their wedding bands on and it makes me wonder what happened to their engagement rings? And when I see those who do keep their engagement rings on after the wedding, I wonder why they do so. Because it looks nice? Because it's a status symbol? Because then they won't feel the money spent was spent for nothing?
I also don't ever wear jewelry and have a tendency to just think negatively about them. But I will cherish the wedding band as it will be a symbol of the promise I make to my future husband.
Interesting. What is your alternative?
ReplyDeleteMy quick response to your question is to not have any jeweled engagement ring, but to just have a wedding band to say "I'm taken."
ReplyDeleteI guess I should have included my own opinions to supplement the link, but I often get overwhelmed by my own thoughts and then I don't want to write anything.
I often see older, married women having just their wedding bands on and it makes me wonder what happened to their engagement rings? And when I see those who do keep their engagement rings on after the wedding, I wonder why they do so. Because it looks nice? Because it's a status symbol? Because then they won't feel the money spent was spent for nothing?
I also don't ever wear jewelry and have a tendency to just think negatively about them. But I will cherish the wedding band as it will be a symbol of the promise I make to my future husband.